Monday, August 31, 2009

appendix? don't need it anyway

Okay, after waiting 12 hours between phone calls (LONG wait, btw) we found out Brakston's appendix was removed yesterday. Yes, he is appendix-free! Goodbye and good riddance to an apparently useless organ!

I have mixed emotions! This was Brakston's first hospitalization and I wasn't there and didn't even get to talk to him. This was very difficult for me and I have to admit I shed a few tears.

However, I do also feel a lot of relief! I am happy the problem was easily diagnosed and able to be fixed. I am grateful Brakston is in Arizona and not some third-world country where I'd have to worry about the quality of his medical care.

I am still just a little anxious about his recovery and about keeping his spirits up during his recuperation. Brakston does NOT do the sit-still-and-be-calm thing very well.

At least he'll have a good story to tell!

"In the end the only thing you really own is your story." (quote from the movie "Australia")

3 comments:

  1. glad things aren't too serious i suppose but man what a scary situation for any mother!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that would be hard to be far away while your son is in the hospital, but I am impressed you were able to focus on the positives! I am glad the operation went well and I hope he has a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete