Sunday, August 30, 2009

a long day

This morning at 8:30 I received a call from Brakston's mission president. He said Brakston had spent the night in the hospital due to stomach pain. They thought it might be an appendix attack and the mission president thought they might operate today. He said he'd keep us posted.

I have been waiting ALL day for a return call! Nothing yet.

I don't believe it's Brakston's appendix because he has had severe stomach trouble in the past. They ran a bunch of tests before his mission and couldn't determine what was wrong. Then the trouble stopped suddenly so they cleared him for his mission. I am thinking it is just the same thing as before - whatever that is.

I am guessing the mission president hasn't called yet because he has nothing to tell us. Probably no surgery and no diagnosis.

Still, I am rather anxious! This is the first time Brakston has ever been in the hospital and not only can I not be there, I can't even talk to him! It's about all I can do to keep from hopping on the next plane to Phoenix.

I am at least grateful for the small things. YEA that Brakston is in the states so I don't have to worry about the quality of his medical care!

My anxiety about his hospital stay is compounded by the fact that a week and a half ago he got two different infections in his eye. He has been fighting the infections and has been getting horrid headaches since he can't see! Also, he has a really tough companion right now (even his mission president told me that when we talked this morning). That seems like a lot to handle all at once when you're away from home and family.

It's been a long day waiting for that call!

--scrappinsoccermama is not known for being a patient person

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Must be so hard to have to wait. Do keep us updated on his status. Gal-bladder maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for you and Brakston! Never a good thing....and while there are hard times, he's growing and becoming and you'll be amazed how well he comes through -- resilience is the middle name of most missionaries! Update when you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry, I hope they call soon, keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete