Wednesday, August 26, 2009

more first day of school

Today was the first day of school for Alec and McKayla (yes, that makes 3 different first days of school we've had this year!).

Alec was quite agitated yesterday and neither Kevin nor I could understand him. I thought he was asking about a computer and I kept insisting he couldn't take my laptop to school with him. Finally, we realized he was upset because he didn't know where his classes were going to be and he didn't know who his "buddy" is going to be to help him around. I was glad to be able to reassure him and calm him down. We talked through his schedule and eased his concerns. I have to admit to actually enjoying him being so nervous. It seemed so "normal". A little bit of normal is not a bad thing! by this morning he seemed ready and excited to go to school.



I just thought McKayla looked beautiful this morning. She also looks far too grown-up. She's only going into 8th grade this year but, I swear, she aged a few years in the last couple of months. How does that happen?


2 comments:

  1. so how was day 2 for alex? and you are right-your daughter is a hottie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those moments of normalcy -- they are precious and priceless -- just like all the other moments!

    ReplyDelete