Sunday, August 30, 2009

marriage

Here's some excerpts from John Bytheway's class on Marriage at BYU Education Week:

"...we can see others' examples as inspiration, instead of as measuring sticks..."
--Joni Hilton

Harmony is being different together. Elder Neal A. Maxwell called it "compensating competences". I really like that because I often think that I'm so glad Kevin and I do the parenting thing together. He is certainly better at some aspects than I am or has patience when I've run out. I would hate to be a single parent!

People either change themselves or they are changed by the Holy Ghost (there is no other way to change people).

Your marriage will grow and develop and last if the positives (compliments, affection, etc) outnumber the negatives (complaints, criticisms, etc) by 5 to 1.

Ardeth Kapp was once asked about her husband "How did you find a man like him?" Her answer "I didn't find him like this..." (gotta love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment