Wednesday, August 5, 2009

chocoholic

Sunday night I was at my brother Todd's home. My sister-in-law, Melissa, showed me a decorative plate she'd received as a gift. She said it reminded her of me. It was a square plate and the center read the four basic food groups. Then on each side it said milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and hot chocolate. Melissa knows me well.

I did a chocolate inventory today. Here's what I found:

1) a half-eaten bag of Dove Promises stashed in my dresser drawer.(I'd claim it is for me only but McKayla knows where it's at so...)

2) several dozen frozen Cookie Tree chocolate fudge cookie dough discs ready to be baked

3) half of a 10-pound bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I actually don't like chocolate chip cookies but I still buy the chips in bulk because I make cookies for my kids, the soccer team, Sunday School classes, etc)

4) 3 boxes of sugar-free instant chocolate pudding (they're great for making a low-fat chocolate shake or making a dessert for my diabetic dad)

5) 1 box Devil's Food cake mix

6) approximately 2 pounds of Peter's Milk Chocolate (best brand ever) dipping chocolate left over from Christmas last year

7) 2 decorated tins of Whoppers (birthday presents for a niece and a nephew with upcoming birthdays)

8) 1 1/2 canisters of Hershey's Cocoa

9) various boxes of white, semi-sweet, and unsweetened baking chocolate (what can I say, I like to bake)

10) one #10 can plus two 10-packet boxes of hot chocolate

11) a package of 6 Hershey milk chocolate bars to take camping this week (after all, what is camping without a s'more?)

Listed out this way, it looks like a LOT of chocolate but I know that it is NO where near the year's supply we've been commanded to have. I better go chocolate shopping. lol. What's in your chocolate stash?

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I need to come to your house! I LOVE chocolate, but I don't have the willpower to keep it around. However, we always have a steady supply of choc chips in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought we were commanded to a two years supply? Have things changed? I have never figured out how to keep the things I love in food storage ie. cherries and watermelon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sick sick sick woman.
    that must be why i love you.

    ReplyDelete