Sunday, August 16, 2009

books I've read in the past month

Once again it is time for my report on the past month's reading. I managed to read 11 books in the past month which is quite a few but, unfortunately, they were not my favorite books. The two best books of the bunch I still only rated about 4 stars out of 5. I put an asterick by those two.

The Angels of Morgan Hill - by Donna VanLiere

Kissing Games of the World - by Sandi Kahn Shelton

The Dirty Secrets Club - by Meg Gardiner

Stolen Lives: Twenty Years in a Desert Jail - by Malika Oufkir

City of Thieves - by David Benioff

Black and Blue - by Anna Quindlen

The Seat of the Soul - by Gary Zukav

**Survive! My Fight for Life in the High Sierras - by Peter DeLeo

Before You Get to Heaven: 8 Mighty Changes God Wants for You - by D. Kelly Ogden

The Road - by Cormac McCarthy

**The Patron Saint of Butterflies - Cecilia Galante


About the best thing I can say about this set of books is that it helped me in my quest to read a book by an author of every letter of the alphabet. This batch of books netted me an O, Q, V, and Z author. That only leaves me I, U, and X authors and then I have read my way through the alphabet this year.

1 comment:

  1. authors from every letter in the alphabet eh? what a great idea:) hmmm i just might have to steal that idea. Now i have to think if i can remember all the books I've read this summer!

    ReplyDelete