Monday, August 24, 2009

reverse your buts

One of the ideas I got from BYU Education Week is to "reverse your buts." I guess the idea originated at Deseret Book in one of their staff meetings, but I heard it at Ed. Week from John Bytheway.

The idea is to change the order of your but statements. For example, I might say about my husband "I love him but he drives me crazy.". However, if I reverse the but it sounds much better. "He drives me crazy but I love him."

It could apply to church callings. "I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve but being in YW is time consuming" versus "Being in YW is time consuming but I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve."

I'm going to work on "reversing my buts". (Now if only there were a better way to say that! lol)

2 comments:

  1. hmmm is there a way to reverse your butt as well? that would be even better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love working out at 5.30 am BUT the women there...
    ARE EVEN BETTER THAN ANY WORKOUT!
    i popped that but into reverse!

    ReplyDelete