Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lagoon

I took Alec, Shanley, and Chandler to Lagoon yesterday. The lines were the worst I've ever seen there but we still had fun. We managed about 15 rides, 2 1/2 hours at Lagoon-A-Beach, and a picnic dinner and talent show with the Utah Down Syndrome Foundation.

Shanley and Chandler both discovered that a Haunted House is much less scary if you go through it with your ears plugged!



Shanley declares that the swing is her favorite ride. I really like it too! My favorite is The Rocket Re-Entry (it's similar to The Tower of Terror at California Adventure.



I am not a big fan of the Music Express but the kids like it.


We all loved The Bat, The Spider, The Samurai, and Colossus. Chandler's favorite ride is the old wooden roller coaster. I hate The Wild Mouse but went on it anyway (silly me). It is really enjoyable to go to amusement parks now that all the kids are old enough (and daring enough) to ride ALL the rides!



Alec danced with a bunch of people with Down syndrome to "We're All in This Together" from High School Musical.



Overall, it was a fun day. I must admit that I did feel a few moments of guilt. After all, it was Chandler's first day of school and he went for all of 2 hours before I checked him out of school to go to an amusement park. I am certain it was the responsible parent thing to do. lol. Oh well, at least he won't someday need therapy for a mom that never let him have any fun!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, the first day of school is the best day to miss because it is all introductions and community building activites...nothing major :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we got there right at 11 and had no problems with lines until about 5pm. i kept looking for you! and we missed you today!

    ReplyDelete