Sunday, August 9, 2009

internet love

When I count my blessings, I just HAVE to include the internet! Here's how it's blessed my life this week:

1) I was able to receive an email from Brakston on the same day I emailed him. This is as good a communication as I can get while he is on his mission. How did those poor parents stand it when they used to have to wait a week or more to get replies to their questions? Or worse, have sons in countries where the mail system is completely unreliable?

2) I was able to check on McKayla's soccer team tournament results from Bear Lake so that I at least had an idea how she was doing (my cell phone is broken!)

3) I easily kept in touch with family and friends through facebook, blog, email, etc...

4) It helped me find a particular scripture that I was looking for.

5) Halfway through making cookies this morning, I realized I did not have any sweetened condensed milk. Did I have to break the Sabbath and run to the store? No. Did I have to phone countless neighbors at inappropriate hours and bother them trying to find someone who had a can? No, I just looked online for a recipe for sweetened condensed milk and my cookies turned out yummy!

6) I was easily able to research copyright laws for a planned YM/YW activity.

7) I was able to renew library items, from the comfort of my couch no less, enabling me to avoid costly late fees.

How did people EVER survive without such a useful tool? For that matter, how did I ever survive the days of dial-up internet? We've come a long way, baby!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I love the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not live without it!! I just wish my computer was faster:)

    ReplyDelete