Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BYU Education Week

For about the last 7 years I have attended BYU Education Week. I absolutely LOVE it! For the first few years I could only attend a day or maybe two. For the last several years, I have been able to attend most of the week.

I have always been excited about it (I believe I blogged about receiving the catalog). When the catalog comes in the mail, I spend hours poring over it. I carefully select classes (tough decisions since there are over a thousand classes offered).

This year has been a little different.

As the time to attend approached, I found I was lacking the intense excitement that I usually experience. I still looked forward to attending but mostly because I felt that I really NEEDED it this year.

You see, I've been stagnating. Actually, probably worse than stagnating. Can I say regressing? Over the summer, our family prayers and scripture study and FHE have suffered. My temple attendance has dwindled. My own scripture study and prayers have been pathetic. I have been feeling the difference and the feeling has not been good.

So, I truly NEEDED Education Week! I needed the spiritual lift. I needed the motivation to get my life back on track. It has done just that. I will blog more later about my experiences and the things I've learned but for now, I am grateful for the kick in the rear (sometimes that's what it takes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment