Tuesday, September 1, 2009

why I love other people's teens

I really love teenagers! Really I do. Just not always mine.

Today I spent 3 hours at the high school handing out ID cards and picture packets. I saw several teens I know and had fun joking around with some who were complete strangers.

Here's a conversation I had with 2 strangers:

Boy #1 as he playfully shoves Boy #2 out of the way: Hey, I'm in line first. I always get to go first.

Me: Oh, so it's an age before beauty thing.

Boy #2 laughing and punching Boy #1: Yeah, that's it!

Me to Boy #1: Oh, wait. I am just kidding! I did NOT mean it. I do not want to be paying for your therapist for the next 15 years!

Boy #1 laughing: Too late. The damage is already done.

We all laugh and things are light and fun!



Contrast this with Alec arriving home from school:

Me: Hi Alec!

Alec: No! I only love dad, not you!


Teens - gotta love 'em! sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment