Friday, August 14, 2009

a deal-breaker

The other day I recognized one more of my pet peeves - I hate to be summoned by a horn honk!

I was waiting for a ride, saw them approach, and went to the door but was not even given 30 seconds to appear. The driver honked as they were pulling into my driveway and I saw RED! Great, big, firetruck-bright red! And I realized...I hate to be honked for.

It made me grateful that no date had ever tried summoning me with a honk. I think it would have been a deal-breaker/date-breaker.

3 comments:

  1. When I was 16 a young man pulled up to the front of my house and "honked" for me. I was in the front room with my Mom. She said you are NOT going out, and I didn't. I was mortified at the time, years later I recognize the wisdom in her small statement. People will treat you however you let them. If you don't like it it is your job to draw the line in the sand. I wish I would have learned the lesson then, years later it is something I still struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing to know about you. Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I honk for a babysitter if I have been waiting for awhile. Is that rude?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. I think if you've waited a while, it's fine!

    ReplyDelete