Monday, September 21, 2009

3 Truths and a Lie

This week I am running a contest. For four days I will post stories about my life. Three of them will be true and one will be a lie. On Friday you can begin guessing which story is the fabrication. All guesses must be posted by midnight on Saturday. One guess per person. There will be small prizes for every correct answer. Also, everyone who answers correctly will have their name entered in a drawing for the grand prize. The winner will be announced on Sunday, September 27. So, put on your detective cap and enjoy the stories!


I managed a Taco Time restaurant when I was just 15 years old! I have always been pretty reliable and very organized so after I'd worked at the Taco Time for a few months, the owner decided to start having me make the work schedules. A couple months later, as summer approached and the owner wanted to spend more time partying and getting drunk, I was pretty much left in charge. I had the combination to the safe so I could stock the cash registers in the morning and/or store the cash at night. I ordered the meat, the tortillas, and the other supplies and paid for them when they were delivered. I scheduled employees and dealt with employee problems.

All of this and I was actually the youngest employee! During the school year, the owner would be pretty responsible but summers were a different story. I worked there for two summers and one school year. I think I could still make bean burritos in my sleep!

2 comments:

  1. I think you should post the contest on facebook, never mind strike that comment, I want a better chance at winning. I can't wait to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ Christine! The less competition, the better! I want to win!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete