Sunday, September 27, 2009

bittersweet release

Well, after Kevin has served Bishop of our ward for the past 5 years, he will be released today.

I have had a few people ask me if I was doing backflips. Besides the physical limitations on my doing so (who wants a broken neck?), the answer is no. We've had some challenges over the years but we've had some great blessings as well.

I've enjoyed experiencing Senior Saints dinners and seminary graduations and other such things. I've met new people and strengthened friendships. Life as a Bishop's wife is really not that bad.

It was really interesting that for about a month before the calling was issued to Kevin our family went through some trials. Mostly it was major appliances breaking down but it was about 9 of them in a row. We knew something was coming just because of that and a few other trials. Sure enough, Kevin was called as Bishop and as soon as he said "yes" the trials stopped.

For the past month, we've really undergone some other trials. These are of a more serious nature. We've joked that although we could expect trials before the calling (Satan has to try to get you off course then), we never expected major trials before a release. It's been a bad month and I've shed lots of tears, been under major stress, and had a raging headache as my almost constant companion.

I don't really want to go into the trials right now but I am truly hopeful that when the Stake President releases Kevin today, the trials will cease or at least let up. Then again, maybe this set of trials is related to having a missionary out in the field...

No comments:

Post a Comment