Thursday, September 24, 2009

3 truths and a lie

This week I am running a contest. For four days (Monday through Thursday) I will post stories about my life. Three of them will be true and one will be a lie. On Friday you can begin guessing which story is the fabrication. All guesses must be posted by midnight on Saturday. One guess per person. There will be small prizes for every correct answer. Also, everyone who answers correctly will have their name entered in a drawing for the grand prize. The winner will be announced on Sunday, September 27. So, put on your detective cap and enjoy the stories!


When I first arrived at BYU the only job I could get was cleaning in the early mornings. I started out cleaning the Health Center but then Kevin and I both transferred to cleaning the MARB so we could work together.

For those of you unfamiliar with BYU, the MARB is the biology/life sciences building. On one floor you could always find partially disected cadavers. Kevin's usual job was to clean the floor where they burned the cadavers.

One day I was sweeping the floors in the classroom containing the cadavers when one of them moved. Literally, an arm kind of jerked and then was still again. I was totally freaked out and ran to find Kevin. Together we went and found our shift supervisor who explained that that can happen. There is sometimes involuntary muscle spasms in the cadavers (I forget why).

I never wanted to clean that floor again and was glad when I got a job as the secretary in the dance department!

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is one freaky story. I really have no idea, but I am going to say not true. If it is true, what an awesome Halloween ghost story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you scream in words? i'm totally creeped out!

    julie p.

    ReplyDelete