Tuesday, September 22, 2009

3 truths and a lie

This week I am running a contest. For four days (Monday through Thursday) I will post stories about my life. Three of them will be true and one will be a lie. On Friday you can begin guessing which story is the fabrication. All guesses must be posted by midnight on Saturday. One guess per person. There will be small prizes for every correct answer. Also, everyone who answers correctly will have their name entered in a drawing for the grand prize. The winner will be announced on Sunday, September 27. So, put on your detective cap and enjoy the stories!


I was once followed by a moose. No, not just followed, I was STALKED by a moose. A few years ago, a friend and I were hiking. We were on a part of the trail that was actually more of a dirt road than a trail when I heard noises behind us. I turned and looked only to find a moose ambling along the trail only about 15 feet behind us.

I turned to my friend and asked, "What do we do? Should we keep talking loudly like we have been or will that aggravate him? Do we keep walking or do we start running? Or do we move off the trail and allow the moose to pass?" Neither one of us was sure what the proper procedure is when you are being stalked by a moose so we kept walking and talking, keeping a wary eye behind us.

The moose followed us for 2-3 minutes and then turned off the trail and headed to the river.

Whew! (but cool at the same time)

1 comment:

  1. Okay I think this one is true, because I think I was stalked by a moose. I think only because I had really blurry double vision from having recent eye surgery. I was scared to death but just stood there with my arms spread out real big and trying to be as still as I could up on a mountain in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete