Thursday, September 17, 2009

change

I feel change in the air. For some, this is frightening. I live with a man who does not love change. I have a child who likes lots of preparation for things - abrupt change is not for him.

I, on the other hand, delight in change. I like shaking things up. I enjoy the sensation of new experiences. Growing up, my favorite days were first days of school. There were new teachers, new classmates, new textbooks, and new lesson schedules. I think my favorite teachers were those who did new seating charts throughout the year - more change!

I think change fills me with hope. For example, when we elect a new president (even if its not the one I voted for), I hope that the change will be positive. I want it to shake up the status quo and make me believe that our country will make progress towards being a "promised land".

How about you? Do you like change? Do you like it to come suddenly and catch you off guard or do you like to anticipate it? Or, does change make you want to climb back in bed and pull the covers over your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment