Friday, September 25, 2009

crossroads

My own personal belief is that the "crossroads" are vital!

What I mean by that is that I think it is really important for me to be there for the comings and goings of my children. I like to send them out the door in the morning with a hug and a kiss and a "have a good day." I like to greet them when they return home with a hug and a "how was your day?" I liked to be there when Brakston left on a date. (I didn't LIKE to be there late at night when he came home. I truly wanted to be in bed -- asleep!)

These just seem to be critical times in a child's life and I have failed miserably at being there this past week. Tuesday morning I had to go straight from the temple to the dentist (at least Kevin was home to see them off). Tuesday night I was helping with a parent-teacher conference dinner at the high school. Wednesday morning I was in charge of a breakfast at Riverton High and the kids had to see themselves off (Kevin was flying). Wednesday night I got to greet Alec and McKayla but took McKayla to soccer practice and missed Chandler and Shanley coming home. Thursday night I missed Chandler and Shanley again.

I know we all have weeks like this. In some ways I am grateful for them. It reminds me what my priorities really are and helps me reassess my life to get it in line with those. Next week I will be better at "being at the crossroads."

No comments:

Post a Comment