Tuesday, September 29, 2009

happiness is...

I truly believe happiness is a choice but sometimes I forget to choose it so here are a few reminders for me by way of things I am truly grateful for:

I am so thankful that every year when the Health Dept. calls to remind me that Alec needs a flu shot because he is "at-risk", I can thumb my nose at them. Alec has an amazing immune system unlike most of his peers with Down syndrome.

I am so grateful that every year when I think I can't stand one more hot, dripping sweat kind of day that Fall arrives and the temperatures cool off.

My heart sings when my teenagers (even my boys) will still give me hugs in front of their friends.

I am so happy to be planning a trip to Texas in late October. Thanks to Kevin being a pilot, the many miles between us don't have to keep my sister and I apart.

I am thankful that my children forgive me when I'm short-tempered and unfair. They always seem to give me another chance.



What is just one thing you are grateful for today?

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful for my mom who is always available to listen to my problems and put them into perspective for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to say I'm grateful for good friends. I would be crazy if I didn't say soooo Happy both Court of Honors are over! That has kind of taken alot of my attention, this past week. I'm grateful for the learning process that comes with a new calling.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete