Monday, September 14, 2009

indisputable signs

There are so many signs that I now have two teenage daughters. Well, okay, to get really technical, I have one teen daughter and one tween daughter but still...

*my cell phone gets numerous text messages (almost none of them are for me)
*my earrings are usually in McKayla's ears (including the brand new pair I won yesterday and hadn't even taken out of the package yet)
*my favorite nail polishes are all used up before I even get a chance to use them more than once
*I hear constant "negotiations" over who gets to wear which clothes
*everyone who enters my home is sure to trip over numerous pairs of shoes en route to anywhere else in my home
*this morning while putting away a load of folded towels I wondered where the rest of the towels were. When I went in search of them I actually, believe it or not, found NINE towels on Shanley's bedroom/bathroom floor. (This made the 2 on McKayla's floor look insignificant.)
*on a somewhat regular basis I must go searching for my blow dryer and/or hair straightener


and, last but not least,

*I have company in giggling and shaking my head over Kevin's silly sense of humor

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait, you girls are a delight. I hope I am so lucky.

    ReplyDelete