Saturday, September 19, 2009

Itty Bitty Salt Lake City

My friend, Jill, and I took our children to downtown SLC last night to play Itty Bitty SLC. It was so much fun!

Every year The Deseret News prints 20 photos of something found in a 20 block area downtown. The photos are snippets and you can't always tell what they represent. They may contain a few letters off a street sign, a carving in a tree, a store logo, etc.

We walked/drove around for about 3 hours and managed to find 12 of the 20 items. It was a lot of fun and helped me to notice things I don't usually pay attention to. I noticed architectural elements of building, artwork and sculpture adorning the streets, sidewalk art, and so forth.

I have often thought this would make a fun YW activity if played at the mall. I will have to organize that activity one of these days.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Did your kids enjoy it also? What a great way to enjoy salt lake city.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: The Deseret News isn't doing it this year, so my family put one together. See http://ittybittyslc.com

    ReplyDelete