Wednesday, July 22, 2009

WEE (Wednesday's Embarrassing Encounters)

Every Wednesday I write about some of the most embarrassing moments of my life. Feel free to add any embarrassing moments of your own.

Many years ago, Kevin was usually gone on 4-day trips every week. He would call home about the same time every night. I would expect those calls.

One night I was ready to talk. It had been a bad day and I wanted to vent. I answered his call and only let him get out "How are you?" before I started unloading. I told him I'd helped Brakston deliver newspapers that morning and fallen in the dark. I had badly bruised my knee and ripped my best pair of workout pants. Then I told him that for some strange reason I had been burping all day. I couldn't seem to stop.

About that time, "Kevin" interrupted to say, "Excuse me. I think you might not know who you're talking to. This is _____________."

It was a man from our ward that I didn't even know well. Oops!

It took me months to even feel comfortable looking at him in church. If only I were the type of person that could turn my embarrassment into a laugh riot instead of wanting to crawl under a church bench!

No comments:

Post a Comment