Wednesday, July 15, 2009

WEE (Wednesday's Embarrassing Encounters)

For the next little while I'm adding a new feature. Every Wednesday will feature an account of one of my embarrassing moments. These are moments that I can laugh about now, and I hope they'll cause you to chuckle as well. Feel free to leave your own WEE moments in the comments.

Okay, this one is way too recent for me to laugh about yet but I have hope for the future.

I have mentioned before that I have very overactive sweat glands. I don't even have to be exerting myself. I sweat profusely just because the room is slightly warm. And I don't sweat in easy to conceal places like under my arms. No way. That would be too easy. I sweat around my hairline so sweat is always dripping off my face and down my neck so that everyone can see it.

That in and of itself is extremely embarrassing, but why stop there? On Saturday as I was rappelling and then had to hang from the rope because of a knot (see last Saturday's post), I had to support my entire body weight with my arms. I had to do this for about 8-10 minutes so it really did take some exertion causing me to really sweat hard.

Finally, I was able to finish rappelling to the bottom of the cliff. There were about a dozen people at the bottom (more than half I did not know) all talking to me about what the knot problem had been like and if I was scared. After assuring everyone I had not been scared at all and walking around for a few minutes, I happened to look down at my pants. The harness had caused all the sweat to pool in the groin area making it appear that I had wet my pants.

I was quite humiliated to think I had been walking around this way and talking to people as if nothing were wrong. Maybe I'll find this humorous in 10 years or so but for now, it's just one more WEE episode! (no pun intended)

1 comment:

  1. hahahah I am soo sorry Marvelle, but that one is very good!

    ReplyDelete