Monday, July 27, 2009

1st day of school

Today was Shanley's first day of school. She is now in 6th grade with Mrs. Becknell -- her final year of elementary school. (I put her and Chandler on different tracks so he still has 3 more weeks of summer.)

I was not ready for her to go back to school! We were having a really fun busy summer -- Summer Games in Cedar City, youth conference, girls' camp, Yuba Lake, Harry Potter movie marathon, cousins' camps, etc...All of a sudden it was time and I wasn't prepared.

I managed to pull it off (mostly). We went school shopping for a new outfit for the first day.



She had a good breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast. I remembered to take the back-to-school pictures. I went in and met her teacher and volunteered to help in the classroom. It seemed like success until I got back home and realized I hadn't packed her a lunch. Oops!



Chandler has his first day on August 17th and Alec and McKayla have their first days on August 24th. With three different start dates, I am bound to get at least one of their first days absolutely perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Shanley is so pretty, looks so cute in her new outfit.I tried to post on your other days and the computer never let me. Yuba lake the pictures turned out nice. Glad you had a great time.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks great, I love packed full fun summers.

    ReplyDelete