Friday, July 17, 2009

Harry potter madness

Some friends and I are hosting our own version of a Harry Potter movie marathon (about 1 movie per day). It's been fun although we've shown the movies at odd times. The schedule was based on when we could fit it in around swim lessons, soccer practices, a trip to the zoo, scout day camp, Young Women's, taking the wave runners out, etc. The schedule was/is: Monday at 10:15 am, Tuesday at 8:00 pm, Thursday at 6:30 pm, and today at 10:30 am. We haven't managed to find a slot for the 5th movie yet.

Here is Chandler, Blake Pocock, and Nathan Goins.



Cade Pocock and Cole Nebeker are enjoying treats.



Abby Nebeker, Jared Goins, Chandler, and Blake Pocock.



I decided to get creative with the treats so on Monday when I hosted I made magic wands with pretzel rods dipped in caramel, chocolate, and sprinkles.



Today's creativity involved chocolate frogs! I made them from fudge. I am no sculptor (in fact I have the absolute minimum artistic talent possible) but, hey, it's for a bunch of children so they probably won't be harsh critics. Then again, maybe they will. Chandler was sure not impressed. "Mom, they don't even have mouths."



Well, at least you won't have to catch them in order to eat them either.

1 comment:

  1. If it counts I was way impressed, and so was my sister. I saved my choclate frog to show my sister before I gobbled it down. Thanks, it was fun

    ReplyDelete