Sunday, July 19, 2009

kids say the darnedest things

It really is true. Kids say the funniest things -- even when they are not really kids anymore. We got a letter from Brakston this week that made Kevin and I laugh so hard! It also made us wonder what he is really doing on his mission and if his mission president has any idea what he is up to.

Here's what his letter said: "I am having a great week. I've had a couple really good experiences. First, we met a man who tried to commit suicide three times and I helped him."



Huh?!? Does his mission president know about this? Does the district attorney's office know? Do I need to remind Brakston about what happened to Dr. Kevorkian? Or does Brakston just need a lesson in English grammar?

Still, it made me laugh. I hope it brings some humor to your day too!

1 comment:

  1. This is a funny post. As a R.M. myself, sometimes, I think my letters home (back then it was pre-email & Internet days) worried my parents more than soothed their minds that all was well in the faraway land (Uruguay) where I was proselyting.

    Keep your faith for your missionary...& remember: prayers to a mighty lot of good. ;)

    ReplyDelete