Friday, July 24, 2009

musicals

Kevin and I are going to "Hello Dolly" tomorrow night with friends. In honor of musicals everywhere, I thought I'd list my all-time favorites.

TOP FIVE

1) Wicked - I've seen this twice now and I'm totally in love with it! It is just plain fun and has catchy, sing-a-long tunes.

2) Phantom of the Opera - This edges out #3 but only by a hair. I like the music better in Phantom. Plus, I've seen it on Broadway which may have added to its rating.

3) Les Miserables - This may have the best story line ever! And it's one of the few things that is better than the book.

4) Mamma Mia! - I've been an ABBA fan since I was 12! Yes, I was one of the people that was dancing in the aisles and, yes, the musical was better than the movie.

5) Aida - loved the music!


Honorable Mention (in no particular order)

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

Fiddler on the Roof

Beauty and the Beast

The Ark

1 comment:

  1. id like to throw a few of my favs in here...
    1776
    guys and dolls
    evita
    baby (most people think this one bites, but i love it!)
    romance/romance
    anchors away (movie w/gene kelly and frank!)
    kiss me kate (see the play NOT the movie)

    ReplyDelete