Monday, July 6, 2009

marvelle unearthed

A few lesser-known things about me:

*Although I claim to be a "soccer mom", my favorite team sport is football and I would have been pleased if any of my children had chosen to play football.

*I was queen of my high school winter formal (surprising since I am totally NOT the queen-type)

*My childhood ambitions were to be a writer, a high-school English teacher, a high-school math teacher, or a high-school guidance counselor. (I became a licensed CPA intead)

*I mock people who wear spike high-heels at soccer games (come on, it's a grass field! Of course you're going to sink!)

*I love to watch tennis! I have watched tennis on TV since I first got married. Some of my favorite players (current and retired) are Andre Agassi, Gabriella Sabatini, Lindsay Davenport, and Andy Roddick. My dream is to attend a match at Wimbledon someday!

*I am obsessed with time. I always want to know what time it is and I hate being late. Currently I am without a watch and it is making me crazy (my teen daughter is hoping a don't replace it so I can lose the ugly watch tan line)

*I don't keep a super clean house (oh wait! If you've ever been to my house, that is probably not much of a secret!)

*I have certain a certain order and method for eating M&Ms or Skittles (too complex to detail here but it involves colors and numbers)

*I often go to movies by myself. (well, I don't often go to movies but when I do, it is often by myself)

2 comments:

  1. I had NO idea you liked Tennis! I love TENNIS! I can't play that well anymore, but hope to get a match or two in before summer is over. I love to watch it too, but haven't been able to for a while:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to keep myself from watching the clock too! esp some early morning classes...
    and i have issues with m&ms and skittles and jelly beans...anything with colors. weirdness.

    ReplyDelete