Tuesday, July 7, 2009

summer's heat

Summer is my least favorite season. This is entirely due to the heat! Yes, it's true, I am a certified heat wimp. I can't take the heat!

The reasons for this are probably as follows:
1) I've always been warm. My temperature gauge must just not work well. Even as a young child I refused to wear coats (in Wyoming, no less) because it wasn't cold! As a teenage girl I (GASP) refused to lay out and get tan because it was too hot (again in Wyoming where hot was 80 degrees).
2) I work out regularly so my circulation is great!
3) I inherited the ability to sweat from my dear old dad - buckets and buckets of it! It is embarrassing!
4) I have some extra stores of fat which help keep me well insulated.

Anyway, enough whining. I've decided to focus on some of the things I do love about summer:

1) family reunions
2) ice cold watermelon
3) fireworks
4) fresh corn on the cob
5) camping (in the mountains where it is cooler)
6) the flowers that you can find growing everywhere except my yard (black thumb, ya know)
7) girls' camp (this week's will be my 19th)
8) Wimbledon and the U.S. Open (yes, I love my tennis)
9) the fact that air conditioning is blowing on me in buildings and not heat
10) s'mores

2 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. Summer is so HOT I'm always looking for the shade. Have fun at girls camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous was Karen.

    ReplyDelete