Friday, July 3, 2009

more randomness

WEE Oops! I forgot WEE (Wednesday's embarrassing encounters) this week. That's embarrassing! I've got a doozy for next week, so stay tuned.

ALEC Alec had surgery on Monday. All went well. He was so funny! As he was waking from the anesthesia he said, "Whoa, that was fun!" The nurse and I laughed pretty hard.

ENTHUSIASM Speaking of Alec, he is just great to have around! He is so enthusiastic and is not afraid to show it! We went to the Riverton City parade tonight. Alec cheered enthusiastically for anything RHS (i.e. swim team, football team, band), horses, clowns, roller skaters, etc. He laughed uproariously at the clowns. Anyone could tell he was enjoying himself.

PARADE Speaking of the parade. I certainly did not enjoy myself like Alec did. We set up chairs earlier in the week and arrived to sit in them an hour before the parade. We had a nice picnic with all my extended family and settled in to watch the parade only to have people come stand directly in front of us. I'm not just talking about young children either. I very nicely asked a lady if she and her children would sit down so people behind them could see and she told me "NO". She said, "I have a right to stand here if I want." When did life turn into "rights"? Yes, I agree, she had a "right" to stand there, but was it right? Was it polite? Was it thoughtful? I do NOT understand how someone could feel good about themselves when they deliberately block someone's view who was there first. I honestly don't get it. Maybe getting that extra piece of taffy was really important.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry some people can be so rude. Honestly that surprises me. It would be hard for me to enjoy myself after that.
    karen

    ReplyDelete