Sunday, March 14, 2010

a treasure hunt

We had a wonderful Stake Conference this weekend. I feel spiritually nourished.

One thing that really resonated with me was Pres. Clarke saying we need to "find joy in the journey." He stressed that the emphasis should be on the word FIND. We don't just sometimes enjoy the journey. We hunt for joy. We search for it. We discover it.

Today I find joy in listening to McKayla practice playing the hymns on the piano. I find joy in Alec staying in his seat the entire 2-hour conference (without insisting on getting up to use the restroom). I find joy in the family being home together. I find joy in the fact that due to Stake Conference, I don't have to start church at 1 pm and, thus, I can enjoy an afternoon nap. I find joy in knowing Brakston will be receiving his care package. I find joy in my plans to watch "West Side Story" with my children today (give them a little more culture). I find joy in my slightly sore quad muscles which are a little tight from my run the other day.

What do you find joy in today?

1 comment:

  1. other than my sunday nap (hitting the sack here in a few minutes), i found joy in the youth speakers we had.
    you know, just when you think they are all dorks, they give an amazing talk and you realize how great they really are.

    ReplyDelete