Friday, March 12, 2010

fingerprints

"Our fingerprints remain on the lives we touch." That is a quote from the movie trailer of Remember Me.

I love that sentiment and agree wholeheartedly.

I can't always remember a person's name but I can remember the influence they had on my life.

Earlier this week my brother, Todd, and I were discussing teachers from Cody High School and Cody Jr. High School who had big impacts on our lives. Neither one of us could remember many names but we both fondly recalled our civics teacher and our 8th grade science teacher. We remembered their teaching style and their care and concerrn. We remember the time they put in to teach us.

Todd and I are 6 years apart so these teachers were obviously influential for a span of many years.

I had a Merrie Miss Primary teacher who truly magnified her church calling. She spent countless hours on my behalf. I don't remember her name but I remember attending her funeral and thinking what a wonderful person she was.

I have taught Young Women who grew up to be incredible women and taught me by example. I still remember most of their names but what I remember most is Jamie spending most of her summer at a camp for children with cancer trying to spread love and joy there. I remember Emily reaching out to make other feel included.

There are so many people who have touched me. And I would definitely say their prints are still on my life.

Whose fingerprints do you bear?

1 comment:

  1. i love this. I am actually working on writing 30 letters to people who have influenced my life before i turn 30. I think i will steal your quote and add it to my letters:)

    ReplyDelete