Wednesday, March 3, 2010

copycat

Alec played basketball with the Priests' quorum on Saturday.

A couple times during the game, Alec pulled the ref aside and yelled, "That boy hit me! He hurt my ankle!"

It was weird. Alec doesn't usually do that. He is usually just happy to play. He generally saves his complaining for me on the way home and it is usually a complaint that the boys don't give him the ball EVERY time down the court.

Then, I realized that the other boys on Alec's team were complaining to the refs about the calls (or lack thereof). Alec was just following suit. Even the ref (who refs every game) told Kevin and I that he realized Alec was aping his teammates' behavior.

It just shows how strong our need is to "fit in".

1 comment:

  1. did he have his riverton shirt on while playing?
    he is such a funny boy!

    ReplyDelete