Wednesday, March 17, 2010

no good deed goes unpunished

Monday night our family delivered boxes of food for the Utah Food Bank. We delivered canned and frozen food, resource manuals, red potatoes, and laundry soap to 6 senior citizens.

It was actually quite enjoyable because the people were so happy to see us and to see what we'd brought.

On the other hand, it was a little sad as well because they need they food packages so much and they only get them once a month and there's not much there.

I truly hope this experience made our children more grateful for all that they've got!

I had to laugh because when we were done delivering the boxes Alec said, "We forgot to deliver to Grandma and Grandpa." I guess he figured if we were delivering to old people that we should deliver to them as well.

All I know is that as the song from Wicked says "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished". I woke up that night and spent a couple hours throwing up. I guess that's my reward!

No comments:

Post a Comment