Friday, May 22, 2009

pressures and productivity

Back on the 11th of this month I posted about how I was incredibly busy and had made myself sick by overdoing it.

Now, I am having the opposite problem. Life has slowed down for me by virtue of no one needing subs this close to the end of the year and no major to-do's that I am in charge of. This means my productivity has slowed way down.

Yes, as much as I tend to overdo it at times, I do seem to need pressure and deadlines to be at my most efficient. Currently, although I have many projects that I'd like to work on or should work on, I don't have pressing deadlines so I'm not getting much done.

I am absolutely embarrassed to report how little I got done yesterday but I'm going to do so in an attempt to shame myself into action! lol. Here's yesterday's grand total: 1 Jazzercise workout, 1 load of laundry, made 1 batch of brownies, planted some flower seeds, weeded a little, house-cleaned a very little, attended a Special Olympics meeting, attended a soccer team meeting, went to Shanley's 5th grade program, blogged, and went to a movie (don't get me started on that. I went to Ghosts of Girlfriends Past and it was a horrid, vapid movie that I will eternally regret not walking out of after the first 15 or 20 minutes).

There - an amazingly pitiful amount to accomplish in a day. Why do some people tend to work better when they have stress and deadlines? Why am I one of those people? Although I typically do better than I did yesterday, I still seem to kick it into a much higher gear when I have pressure.

2 comments:

  1. That seems like a pretty packed day! but, I know what you mean deadlines seem to keep us focused and on track. I find when I get up and workout I get so much more done. Enjoy the down time! It doesn't take long before life gets CRAZY Overloaded then we are back to stressed!! Sorry about the movie. I guesss I won't see that one.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so funny about the movie-it is too bad that you loss 90 mins of your life watching it.
    but the brownies part...that is worth living for!

    ReplyDelete