Monday, May 11, 2009

I can be stupid

At times, I can be really stupid. I don't mean the "I-can't-learn" kind of stupid but the "I-don't-seem-to-learn" kind of stupid.

For the past several years I have suffered from numerous colds. The knock-me-down, I can't breathe, I can't sleep kind of cold. The cold that makes me so miserable and I can't find a medicine that even seems to help kind of cold.

The dumb thing is that I think they would be entirely preventable if I could just learn one simple word - NO! Or maybe I could even have my choice of words - HELP would probably work too!

I keep getting really far overextended. I take on too many projects, am involved in too many things, and push myself too hard. Then, I get stressed and overly tired and then my body just breaks down.

That is where the stupid comes in. I know what behavior causes the colds, I just don't seem to be making any changes in my life. Stupid, stupid, stupid!

--scrappinsoccermama is now committing to trying to get more sleep! (I better get to bed now since I have to be up at 3 am).

2 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean! Life is filled with good things, it is just hard to figure out when the list of good things is getting too long. I am having one of those weeks too, when I need to figure out what I can do and what I need to cut out before I am burned out and grumpy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. why is NO such a hard word to say? It is only two little letters. A word we use with our children all the time...When we are overloaded and don't use this little word it can drive us to a breaking point. I have learned the more I learn to use this word NO the easier it gets! There will always be another project and always a list of things to do. There are always other people who can help. So be selective and enjoy the freedom to say NO! With out the GUILT...
    Our health is so much more important.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete