Tuesday, May 19, 2009

happiness

LiveScience.com just published a new report on its study of happiness. The findings include:

1) We are happier as we age.
2) Old men are happier than old women.
3) Republicans are happier than Democrats.
4) Happiness is partially inherited.
5) Cash helps happiness only when we use it to do things instead of buy things.

I thought that was really interesting. Too bad the study didn't answer the question why these are true. (Note: It did state that Republicans are not happier than Democrats due to money because they adjusted for the usual income differential between Republicans and Democrats.)

Are you happier today than you were 5 years ago? Ten years ago?

I would have to say I am happier (or more content) now than I was 5 or 10 years ago. Is it because I am older? Probably. I have had more time to become whom I want to be, more time to realize my goals, and more time to be comfortable with who I am.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds good. I'm happier now then 5 or 10 years ago. More content on the things that really matter.
    karen

    ReplyDelete