Friday, May 29, 2009

mission statement

For several years I have wanted to write my mission statement or my own personal constitution if you will. However, my plan to do so involved getting out in the great outdoors - just nature and me and some paper. An entire day by myself in the mountains has been a little more difficult to come by than I planned but yesterday I finally managed it.

I left the house the moment the kids left for school and drove up Provo Canyon and then took the Alpine Loop. I hiked to Stewart Falls (the best hikes usually involve waterfalls) and only saw ONE person! I had 1 1/2 hours completely to myself before I saw anyone else.

I had time to ponder and self-reflect and write. Unfortunately, I took a break to do a bit more hiking, had a mini-avalanche and ended up with a scratched cornea. It was extremely painful and I had to remove my contact so then I couldn't see. I ended up returning home still mission-less. Who knows when my next chance for escape will be?

That's okay though! I had a marvelous time. I loved the outdoors. I got good exercise. I learned about myself. I made progress on my mission statement. I have a few blogs for upcoming days (maybe when I can see this screen clearly once more).

All in all, it was time well spent and I'll have to do it again sometime (except the scratched cornea part, of course!)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better. I just had a flash back of girls camp and all the pain you went through with your eye. You might have to avoid the mini-avalanches for awhile. Sorry, let me know if you need any help.
    karen

    ReplyDelete