Thursday, May 14, 2009

delusions of grandeur

A few days ago I blogged about being stupid by making myself sick when I overdo it. I said then that I need to learn to say "no".

I have thought about that a little more since then and have decided that saying no might not be my biggest problem. I can (and do) find a way to say no when I really don't want to do something.

I think my problem may be delusions of grandeur. I have a lot of goals for myself. There are a lot of things I enjoy or think are important and I believe I can do it all! In my defense, I usually do get it all done. I just sometimes kill myself in the process.

I enjoy the things I do and choose to do them (no one holds a gun to my head), I maybe just need to quit viewing myself as Wonder Woman and get a more realistic view of myself! Maybe I need to narrow the list of things I consider vitally important to my happiness, to my family's happiness, and to my individual development.

--scrappinsoccermama vows to cease her delusional behavior immediately (or is that another unrealistic goal?)

2 comments:

  1. If you are no longer going to be using your superwoman cape, could I borrow it? I have some completly unrealitic good intentioned plans for the next month. I can do it all, right? Especially with your cape of grandeur!

    ReplyDelete