Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Favorite Memory of Mom

What would Mother's Day be without paying homage to my mom? I do, after all, have one of the greatest moms of all time!

One of my favorite memories of my mom is our after-date routine. While in high school, whenever I would come home from a date, I would wake up my mom. She would get up (now that I'm a tired, tired mom I realize how difficult that is) and come into the bathroom with me. She would listen to my replay of the date while I removed my makeup, washed my face, took out my contacts, and brushed my teeth.

Then we would climb into my twin bed together and I would finish telling her all about the date. She always finished it up by asking "Did you like him?" and "Was he a good kisser?".

After I went to Ricks College, I remember one date that was particularly good and I just had to call my mom for old time's sake and tell her all about it. Even though it was well after midnight, she seemed very happy that I had called to share my excitement about this great date!

So, Happy Mother's Day, Mom! You are the best! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment