Sunday, May 30, 2010

thought

The most miserable people are those who refuse to change.

I think we all know those people who say "this is just how I am" and they never seem completely happy.

There is a big difference between accepting ourselves and refusing to change. I think it all goes back to knowing what can and can't be changed. We need to accept the things we can't change but be willing to work on areas that can.

I had a roommate in college that was late for EVERYTHING! It didn't matter what we did to help her - she just wouldn't be on-time for anything. It frustrated her and she'd get really upset when we wouldn't wait for her. We gave her several suggestions but she always said, "This is how I am. This is how my mom is. It's just who we are." And she went on being frustrated and upset.

Things I need to change in my life:
1) my sleep habits
2) getting frustrated at "stupid" drivers
3) not turning to food for stress-relief, rewards, etc

I CAN change and I will be happier for it!

1 comment:

  1. I believe change can be a great thing! It is also sad to me when people don't feel they need to change. Change brings so much new light into our world.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete