Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Some of my favorite memories of my mom:

*she always got up with me when I got home from a date, came in the bathroom with me while I got ready for bed, and then climbed into my twin bed with me to listen to all the details of my night

*she was always there when I got home from school (ALWAYS) so I could tell her all about my day

*she put up with me never making my bed (I couldn't see the point since I was going to get back into it that night)


Some of my favorite times as a mom:

*Brakston taking me on a date to the movies (on a Friday night no less)!

*Alec always being happy to see me even if I was only gone long enough to step outside and get the mail.

*McKayla having Brooke and Dakota over and all of us laughing and chatting (or picking all three up from a stake dance and hearing them recount their evening).

*Shanley not being afraid to try things or look silly.

*Chandler saying the funniest things and making me laugh or giving me the best hugs in the world!


I was blessed to have a wonderful mother and further blessed to have delightful children. I feel lucky to be their mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment