Friday, May 21, 2010

culture

My children would rather do sports than anything! Sometimes I think that they believe life revolves around soccer. So, I try to expose them to cultural activities to give them some balance. Last night we took the entire family to a performance by the Utah Symphony and Utah Opera. They performed selections from the operas "Hansel and Gretel" and "The Magic Flute" among others. Our favorite performance by the symphony was "The William Tell Overture."


Of course, other than Alec, my children claimed it was boring. Oh well, you can't blame me for trying to cram a little culture/refinement down their throats.

The night was not a waste though. McKayla was in a spunky mood and kept us laughing all night. We had a really fun time together.

After all, a family that laughs together, stays together! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment