Tuesday, May 25, 2010

summer to-do list

Summer doesn't have quite the same meaning to me that it did when I was a youngster. Partly because my children don't enjoy the same "summer". With year-round school my children usually get a 6-week summer. On a couple of sad years, they only ended up with a 3-week summer. Even my high-schoolers and middle-schoolers who are on a traditional schedule don't get to enjoy a long 3 1/2 month summer. Their summer break is much closer to 2 1/2 months. Still, there's a lot to enjoy!

Stuff already planned for summer:
*my women friends and our children trip to Yuba Lake with the waverunners
*youth conference
*family reunion at Ruby's Inn
*Canyon to Canyon half-marathon
*YW Girls' Camp
*family trip to Yellowstone Park with friends
*cousins' camp (for my kids, nieces, and nephews)
*BYU Education Week

Stuff I love to do every summer:
*Riverton Town Days
*Family Fun Day at Wheeler Farm
*Days of '47 Float Preview
*hike to Cecret Lake
*hike to Donut Falls
*soccer tournaments
*waverunners on Utah Lake (frequently)

Special things I want to do this summer:
*hike to Ensign Peak
*host an afternoon tea party
*send Brakston a 1/2 birthday package
*hike from Little to Big Cottonwood Canyon and back

And, of course, let's not forget -- CELEBRATE MY BIRTHDAY!

What are your plans for summer? (I might want to copy some!)

No comments:

Post a Comment