Saturday, May 15, 2010

patriotism

I believe myself to be a patriotic person.

I vote in every election (and try to be informed about who and what I'm voting for). I attend my precinct caucus meetings and have even served as a delegate to the county and state conventions.

I've read the Constitution. I know the words to our national anthem. I love to hear the song "I'm Proud to Be An American."

As a junior in high school I attended Close-Up (a week-long visit to Washington, D.C. to see how our government operates). I attended classes on government, lawmakers, elections, separation of powers, etc.

I've visited many historic sites such as Gettysburg, Philadelphia, Arlington Cemetery, etc.

But maybe the best proof that I really love this country is the fact that I still get choked up every time I say the Pledge of Allegiance and I can't sing "The Star-Spangled Banner" without crying.

I truly am proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment