Friday, May 14, 2010

creature of habit

I've admitted it before.

I am a habitual person.

I park in the same row when I go to WalMart. I sit on the same bench every week at church. I park in the exact same spot every Tuesday morning when I arrive at the temple (I arrive REALLY early so I have my choice of spots).

Yesterday I realized my customary behavior goes really deep. I spent the day at BYU and had to use the restroom 4 times while I was there. The first three times, I not only used the same bathroom every time (there were at least 3 nearby to choose from) but I used the exact same stall. Creepy!

The fourth time I decided to go a little crazy and shake things up a bit! I got daring and used {GASP!} a DIFFERENT stall.

Wow! Are you so impressed with my wild side?

What's next? Leaving for Jazzercise 2 minutes later than my normal departure time? Taking a different route when driving McKayla to soccer practice? The possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment