Monday, May 3, 2010

did I miss that gene?

Confession time - I don't really like kids.

I love my own just fine but I still didn't really know what to do with them when they were babies and toddlers.

I think I am a much better mom to teens. I can relate to them and talk to them easily. Being around teens gets my adrenaline pumping and makes me feel alive. The Lord must know that about me since I have mostly had callings dealing with the youth (rarely have I been in Primary and not for years and years!)

I've never really been the type of person to want to hold everyone's new baby. I guess I missed out on the "loves babies" gene!

2 comments:

  1. i couldnt ever be a teacher. i dont like other peoples kids for a long period of time. in fact i dont like my kids after 2 weeks of being off track. good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, since I teach teens all day and overhear their conversations, I spend my time DREADING the teen years and trying to keep my kids babies/toddlers FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete