Wednesday, June 24, 2009

WEE (Wednesday's Embarrassing Encounters)

For the next little while I'm adding a new feature. Every Wednesday will feature an account of one of my embarrassing moments. These are moments that I can laugh about now, and I hope they'll cause you to chuckle as well. Feel free to leave your own WEE moments in the comments.

This embarrassing moment was probably MUCH more embarrassing for the other party than for me but it has entertainment value so I'm including it.

My first year at Ricks College I had a "twin" somewhere on campus. I never actually met her but people mistook me for her ALL the time. Nearly every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as I was heading to tutor writing, people would stop me and ask why I wasn't headed to Child Development. I would explain that I didn't take Child Development. They would usually argue that I did because I was in their class (as if I wouldn't know my own schedule!).

The most telling evidence that I had a "twin" came one day when I was standing in the library talking to a friend. All of a sudden, a tall guy came up behindme, wrapped his arms around me, and leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I turned to him and sweetly asked, "Do I know you?" At which point the guy turned beet red, mumbled "I thought you were my girlfriend", and practically ran out of the library.

(Maybe we should all hang out in the library more often! lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment