Saturday, June 13, 2009

soccer!

McKayla and I have just returned from Cedar City where she played soccer in the Utah Summer Games. We had a really great time but I am all soccered out (I know that's not a real term, but it truly fits!) I watched 11 soccer games in 3 days. I not only watched McKayla's 5 games but I watched several of the Riverton High boys' and girls' games as well. That is definitely soccer overload!

I did still find time to completely read 2 books and finish a third. I visited with lots of "soccer mom" friends. I also got some much needed sleep, so I'd say the trip was a success for me (other than eating way too much junk food).

The soccer wasn't quite as successful. McKayla's team lost in the bronze medal game. RHS girls' lost in the gold medal game (which means they did take silver), and the RHS boys' lost in the bronze medal game.

1 comment:

  1. We drove by the soccer games in Cedar city and I thought of you! We seen all of the signs telling of the summer games, and I racked my brain trying to remember when you said you were going to be there.

    ReplyDelete