Thursday, June 11, 2009

three truths and a lie, story 4

This is part 4 of the four-part contest series entitled 3 truths and a lie. After I post tomorrow (Friday), you'll be allowed to guess which story is the lie. No guessing until after I post.

My freshman year at Ricks College, I met the cutest guy at Ricks College. It all started with a smile. I would see him and his friends in the cafeteria and would smile. He'd smile back. Soon we progressed to saying "hi" to each other. Finally we introduced ourselves (his name was Paul) and he asked me out. I was ecstatic! He was tall and dark and so very cute! We started dating and really hit it off! We became fairly inseparable except for one tiny detail. I had already been asked to the formal dance by someone else. Drat!

The night of the dance, I had just stepped out of the shower when Paul called. We talked for over an hour. I should have been getting ready but instead I sat wrapped in my bath towel chatting on the phone. My roommate was taking pictures of everyone's formal attire and she snapped a photo of me in my towel.

My roommate later gave the photo to Paul who laughed about it and said it was the closest he got to going to the dance with me.

I forgot all about the picture since Paul left school over the Christmas break.

About a week or two into the Winter Semester, I noticed a group of guys in the cafeteria kept staring at me and then laughing. This went on every day for over a week. Then one day the guys passed by our table on the way out of the cafeteria. One of them laughed and said "Cute picture!" I ran after him and asked him what he was talking about. The whole group laughed and then told me the story.

It seems Paul had left the photo in a textbook that he had sold back to the college bookstore. One of the boys bought that book and found the picture. He'd hung it up in the boys bathroom on his floor of the dorm where every guy living on that floor got to see it daily.

This goes down as one of the all-time most embarrassing moments of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment